Friendly neighborhood self-confessed laconophilia, whose armor suits him, but it can not hide that mark (Nothing ever will), who was prepared the very moment that he let his arrow fly, that’ll slay anything that's evil (that's his deal), who will never die (just go Missing In Action), who's desperate to regain his honor, who has the innate ability to be overlooked and ignored, who hides a bitter heart under a veneer of lovable idiot, and who knows deep down that Who I am is not who I want to be...
I've been used as the base model for 4 Marvel Sketch Cards, 1 Topps Star Wars Galaxies trading card, a Star Wars Insider cover image, and a T-Shirt at Hot Topic.
17. What’s your cosplay lineup for your next con?
I guess my next con is RTX? In which case:
6: Which costume did you have the most fun constructing?
Goose’s Donut. The process for building Caboose was Carthartic, I was not in good place when I made it, so I won’t say I had much “fun” while making it. But when I went through the same construction process the next year on Goose’s Donut, it was more fun, because I was making something for a friend.
10: Describe your favorite/best cosplay experience.
Convention: Caboose at RTX 2012. I have never gotten much attention at cons while in Costume, never really been super mobbed or had a lot of people taking my picture in costume. However, at RTX, it was amazing. Very often I literally could not move for large periods of time because I had a line of people waiting for pictures. Since a large chunk of the attendees were Red Vs Blue fans, and my costume was very specially Red Vs Blue related, not even just Halo armor, but specifically Caboose, the bullet hole in the left pinky toe, Andy, and the “-1” on the back, I was very popular and very appreciated. To the point where I have been informed that one or two people on the Red Vs Blue site “Hate” me because I was so popular at RTX. Go figure, right? The one time my costume is actually really popular at a con and I almost immediately get hated on.
Charity work wise? The pictures speak for themselves.
18: What’s your dream cosplay?
Hard to pin down one, so, here’s some top choices.
Jin Roh Protect Gear:
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, Deepeyes Armor:
Assassin’s Creed, Altair:
SPARTAN Thorne, the only S-IV from Halo 4 that I feel deserved the title of SPARTAN:
19: What’s something you wish you could figure out how to construct/a cosplay element you want to incorporate but don’t know how yet? How are you tackling it?
I have not yet tackled a costume using the EVA foam method for the primary construction of the armor. I’ve used EVA foam for details on costumes, Link’s forearm bracers for example, but never large chunk of the armor. I have seen some fantastic costumes/armor made with it, and the light weight and slight flexibility seem appealing, however I have reservations regarding durability and longevity.
In celebration of Otakon coming up, have a new cosplay meme:
1. What was your first cosplay, and when did you wear it? Pics?
2. What was your latest cosplay, and when did you wear it? Pics?
3. What was your most technically difficult cosplay to make? Why?
4. What's your favorite 'closet' cosplay? Why?
5. What is your favorite costume to wear? Your least favorite?
6. Which costume did you have the most fun constructing?
7. What's your favorite part of cosplay construction? What is your least favorite part?
8. Favorite prop? Least favorite prop?
9. Tell us your favored makeup brand/technique.
10. Describe your favorite/best cosplay experience.
11. Describe your worst cosplay experience.
12. Have you won any cosplay awards? If so, what for/where?
13. Your favorite group cosplay? Why?
14. Your most favorite cosplay picture you've ever had taken is ...?
15. Pick one of your friends and tell us your favorite cosplay of theirs and why.
16. Are you working on a costume now? Post a progress picture!
17. What's your cosplay lineup for your next con?
18. What's your dream cosplay?
19. What's something you wish you could figure out how to construct/a cosplay element you want to incorporate but don't know how yet? How are you tackling it?
20. Have tentative plans for the future? Share them!